- Stronger together: RTL Group pools its key online video companies, such as BroadbandTV,
StyleHaul and SpotXchange, in “RTL Digital Hub.”
- Produced by Fremantle Media for RTL Television, sold internationally, hailed by critics:
“Deutschland 83” celebrates its debut in the US; six countries follow.
- The second season of “Sing meinen Song” generates excellent viewer ratings, a huge socialmedia
buzz and chart successes for VOX in Germany.
- Paula Hawkins’s debut novel “The Girl on the Train” sells over 4.5 million copies – more than
any other bestseller during the first half of the year.
- “Grey,” the new book by E. L. James, enjoys record sales, surpassing 3.5 million print, audio
and e-book copies sold in the US and UK in its first two publication weeks.
- The legendary Penguin Classics imprint is launched in Spain and Latin America as Penguin
- Portfolio expansion: G+J launches the innovative new titles “Walden,” “Stern Crime” and
“National Geographic Traveler.”
- Digital business strengthens with the purchase of holdings in the online shop Danato and
the food vertical Delinero, and a partnership with the publishing platform Blendle.
- G+J provides 50 million euros of investment funds and media services for startups, especially
in the Living, Food & Family and Ad Tech sectors.
- Arvato enters the attractive Latin American market for financial services by buying a stake in
the Brazilian financial-services provider Intervalor.
- The e-commerce growth platform expands internationally.
- New digital services are introduced to further improve customer communications.
- State-of-the-art offset technology at Prinovis Dresden allows for an extended range of
services, such as short runs in top print quality.
- Prinovis in Liverpool is awarded the international quality label in Bronze by “Investors
- Be Printers renews key printing contracts with major customers.
- BMG continues its expansion course through acquisitions and new service offerings.
- The education business expands with the acquisition of Alliant International University and
other education investments in Brazil and the US.
- New investments in growth markets: Bertelsmann banks on burgeoning enthusiasm for
e-commerce in India and Brazil’s high demand for education.